Kim Kardashian gave the keynote speech at the BlogHer 16 conference on Friday and spoke directly about her relationship with feminism.
“Everyone always says, are you a feminist?” she said. “And I don’t think that I am.”
“I don’t like labels,” she continued. “I do what makes me happy and I want women to be confident and I’m so supportive of women… But I’m not the ‘free the nipple’-type girl.”
To borrow from scholar and author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie via Beyoncé (BOW DOWN), “Feminist: the person who believes in the social, political and economic equality of the sexes.”
If Kim Kardashian’s life tells me anything, it’s that:
1. She loves the butterfly Snapchat filter more than anything (because she’s smart), and
2. she’s basically a feminist whether she chooses to identify as one or not.
You don’t have to free the nipple to believe that women are just as capable and deserving as men. (And in Kim’s case; more capable than most everyone. Sorry! Say what you will about KiKi, but girlfriend gets shit done.)
Latest posts by Adeyemi Adejuwon (see all)
- Did Kendall Jenner Delete Her Instagram? - November 14, 2016
- Adele Made £100 Million in 5 Years and £14.5 Million Went to Tax - November 10, 2016
- Donald Trump: “Now is the Time for America To Bind The Wounds of Division - November 9, 2016